Manchester in Trelawny, Jamaica was originally owned by Robert Cunningham. In 1840 the Jamaica Almanac reports that it consisted of 585 acres and belonged to George Cunningham who also owned Greenside.
The name presumably is linked to Lord Manchester (Governor 1808-1827?) , for whom the new parish of "Manchester" was named in 1814. Mandeville, incidentally, was named for the heir to the dukedom of Manchester.