Hampshire in Trelawny, Jamaica was originally owned by Richard
Brissett who also owned Berkshire.
These estates are adjacent and Hampshire is about halfway down the
main road (still known as Hampshire Lane) from the Clarks Town to
Jackson Town (see map). In 1840 the
Jamaica Almanac reports that it consisted of 1560 acres and
belonged to the Sir Simon H. Clarke, who also owned Mahogany Hall andLong Pond.
However, the same Almanac also reports that William Hine owned Hampshire with 278 acres (to be researched...).